Online Class: Business Credit 101
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Business Credit 101 provides potential and current business owners with the necessary knowledge to successfully use credit within their business. There are many reasons why business operators rely on credit to maximize their business potential, but it is necessary to have an insight into the business credit arena to ensure that business credit is used effectively.
It is not just on starting up that a business will require or request credit. Companies often take out a loan at other times. One example is when a business is experiencing a cash-flow crisis and not making enough money from product sales or service users to keep operating at the usual level. In such cases, a loan can provide a kind of financial bridge. This has been seen in recent times in its most extreme form with the financial stimulus plans being rolled out by governments across the world. Banks and other businesses were at risk of failing, and the governments released money in order to allow these companies to keep operating until things improved. Once again, the importance of business credit is to allow companies to remain operative while things are difficult.
Business credit is usually received in the form of a loan. There are different kinds of loans, but the most common one, and the first a company will pick up in its lifetime, is a start-up loan intended to provide money for supplies, wages, and other costs that will later be covered by business profits. Later on, a company can take out a working capital loan that enables it to meet costs in the short term in order to continue operating. Working capital loans can be unsecured if the applicant has a good credit rating and is likely to be able to pay the money back without difficulty, or secured, whereby the company needs to offer assets to the bank in order to provide security against a default.
The above are just a few examples of the kinds of credit a business can apply for out of a very wide range of options. Many of the rest will be covered in later units of this course, contributing to a wider and more complete understanding of what kind of business credit suits a given situation.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Lesson 1: What is Business Credit?
Lesson 2: Credit Bureaus
Lesson 3: How To Establish Business Credit
Lesson 4: Limited Liability Companies and Corporations – Protecting Your Personal Credit Rating & Assets
Lesson 5: Company Registration Requirements To Establish Business Credit
Lesson 6: Business Credit Requirements
Lesson 7: Business Credit Administration Ensuring Business Credit Approval
Lesson 8: Preparing a Business Plan
Lesson 9: Business Credit Without Personal Guarantees
Lesson 10: Managing Business Debt
Lesson 11: Maintaining an Active Business Credit Profile
Lesson 12 - Taxation And Business Credit
Lesson 13: Business Credit Pitfalls
- Define what business credit is and why it is important to the success of any business.
- Describe the credit bureaus for business credit.
- Describe the procedures involved in establishing business credit.
- Describe the legal business entities that best avoid personal financial liability.
- Describe the requirements to establish business credit.
- Describe the methods used to better ensure business credit approval.
- Describe the procedures to develop a business plan.
- Describe different types of business credit available for your business.
- Describe common techniques to manage company debt.
- Describe the implications of taxes on business credit.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- "I think this course was Awesome. It supplied so much information I didn't know before. It helped me in understanding what methods I should and should not do. I would definitely recommend Universal Class!" -- Sherry M.
- "Mr. John Chouinard is an Outstanding instructor. He is very encouraging, engaging, and present as an instructor. He makes the material come alive!" -- Dl L.
- "I enjoyed this course immensely! Thank you for providing this! It helped so much!" -- Jami D.
- "The content provided for this lesson was well articulated and thus easy to understand." -- Anna N.
- "I enjoyed this course and the feedback I got from the instructor. Thank you." -- Kareen L.
- 29 hours 2.9 CEUs Human Resources Productivity Course Bundle $120.00
- 32 hours 3.2 CEUs Economics: Complete Edition $150.00
- 36 hours 3.6 CEUs Ultimate Secretary Training Bundle $150.00
- 87 hours 8.7 CEUs Writing Help Course Bundle $135.00
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs How to Write Case Studies $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Payroll Management 101 $80.00
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Advertising, Marketing and Sales Writing $90.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Introduction to Logic $90.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Workplace Safety $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Business Analysis $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Management Essentials $75.00
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Purchasing and Vendor Management 101 $75.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Business Ethics $75.00
- 19 hours 1.9 CEUs Business Writing $95.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Lean Management $75.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Decision Making Skills $75.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Workplace Violence: A Guide to Responding and Preventing $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Critical Thinking $80.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Collaboration Skills $75.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Delegation Skills $75.00
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Product Management 101 $80.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Mastering Conversation Skills $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Goal Setting 101 $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs How to Write a Business Plan $75.00
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Introduction to Six Sigma $95.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs General Receptionist $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Recruitment and Retention Strategies $75.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Financial Analysis 101: Planning and Control $85.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Lawful Employee Termination $75.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Strategic Planning $80.00
- 32 hours 3.2 CEUs Accounting & Bookkeeping 101 for Everyone $90.00
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Resume Writing 101 $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Home Business $80.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Kaizen 101 - An Introduction $75.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Introduction to Ethics $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Accounts Receivable Management $80.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Habits of Millionaires $75.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Community Development 101 $80.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Creating and Managing a Non-Profit Organization $75.00