Online Class: Confidence Building
with CEU Certificate*
have taken this course
Based on the concept that we come into this world with a strong sense of self-esteem, this course encourages students to recognize that low self-esteem is often the result of mistaken perceptions about ourselves that start in childhood. Journaling exercises help the student organize and understand exactly what triggers his or her personal lapses in confidence.
This course delves into crafting succinct, personalized affirmations as well as visualization techniques for reframing the self-concept. Confidence busters, such as procrastination and cognitive dissonance are discussed at length, as well as the healing associated with forgiveness and service to others.
Building self-confidence is not a course to be taken lightly, rather, it is designed for those who are sincerely ready to create positive changes in their self-perception.
Everyone has had an occasional lapse of confidence, but there are essential things we can learn about ourselves and exercises we can do that will strengthen our innermost self-respect and improve our outward demeanor. It takes making a commitment to explore yourself and more than a little practice, but you really can become a more confident person.
When you came into this world, you were totally self-assured. You loudly asked for what you wanted and needed, laughed when you thought something was funny, tried hundreds of new ideas, and enjoyed the company of others. You operated from a level of instinct, with no compunctions about drooling down your chin or others seeing you in diapers. In fact, you probably loved being stark naked, regardless of who was in the room. You willingly crawled around like a crab while others around you walked upright. When you fell down, you did not recoil in shame but got up and tried again, awkwardly, to walk like those around you. It never occurred to you to feel self-conscious about not having teeth. You never wondered if you were lovable. When you scribbled nonsensical pictures, you were proud, not embarrassed.
So, what happens to us when we are small that leads to a lack of confidence when we grow older? A number of things begin to take place that cause children to alter the way they see themselves. Certain messages about the world and life begin pouring into our sponge-like minds. Perhaps we can remember some of these things, but probably not. It is safe to assume that we drew conclusions about ourselves over the years that have lodged firmly into our personalities, whether or not those ideas have any relevance to our present situations.
As small folks, when we are reprimanded or experience sad, frightening, or even everyday circumstances over which we have no basis for understanding, we often attribute the related discomfort to some flaw in ourselves and draw conclusions about who we are. This often happens long before we have the capacity to put into words what we are feeling or experiencing.
You should know that by deciding to take this course, you have taken a huge first step toward improving your self-esteem and confidence. By taking responsibility for your own happiness, you have, one hopes, realized that you are the only one who can fix things for you. No one else is responsible for your confidence or lack thereof. Your mere intention to change activates your subconscious mind and begins the process, even before you start.
In this course, we will look at how the subconscious mind absorbs and retains messages, even when the messages no longer make sense. We will explore ways to reprogram our thinking and look at some of the ideas we have, perhaps accidentally, assimilated that might be holding us back. We will look at the ways in which writing, visualizing, meditating, emulating, and quietly affirming can bring about change in the way we see ourselves. In addition, the course explores some of the habits we typically fall into that tend to keep us feeling insecure and how these habits can be changed. Confidence cannot be bought or acquired but must come from the inside. This course will help you learn some internal tools to excavate and uncover the wonderful self that you actually are.
- Completely Online
- Printable Lessons
- Full HD Video
- 6 Months to Complete
- 24/7 Availability
- Start Anytime
- PC & Mac Compatible
- Android & iOS Friendly
- Accredited CEUs
Lesson 1: Building Self-Confidence
Lesson 2: The Significant Effects of Confidence
Lesson 3: The Brain
Lesson 4: Adding Visualization to Your Practice
Lesson 5: Energy
Lesson 6: Focus
Lesson 7: Personal Issues
Lesson 8: Cognitive Dissonance: Being True to Yourself
Lesson 9: Negative vs. Positive
Lesson 10: Fitness and Self-Confidence
Lesson 11: Foundations of Confidence
- Define what self-confidence and why it's a skill that needs building.
- Summarize the significant effects of confidence.
- Describe the brain and its role in your self-confidence.
- Identify adding visualization techniques for building your confidence.
- Identify energy and its role in building your self-confidence.
- Demonstrate focus techniques to help boost your confidence.
- Recognize your own personal issues that hinder your self-confidence.
- Describe cognitive dissonance.
- Summarize positive and negative thinking and how that influences your self-confidence.
- Summarize fitness and self-confidence.
- Identify the foundations of confidence and the future of you.
- Demonstrate mastery of lesson content at levels of 70% or higher.
Additional Course Information
- Document Your Lifelong Learning Achievements
- Earn an Official Certificate Documenting Course Hours and CEUs
- Verify Your Certificate with a Unique Serial Number Online
- View and Share Your Certificate Online or Download/Print as PDF
- Display Your Certificate on Your Resume and Promote Your Achievements Using Social Media
- "I really valued this course because it has opened my eyes to an abundance of information on the possibilities of why I may be self-conscious and lack confidence. Showing me different ways to combat the insecurities and flaws I have in a positive manner that will shape myself into a better me over time. I got a lot more out of this than I first realized I would." -- James D.
- "This course was very helpful. In just a few days I have been able to change my way of thinking. I can identify things that are positive in my life instead of things that are negative. I still have a lot of work that I need to do, but I will continue with these exercises daily. My self-confidence is just getting started." -- Diana D.
- "Thank you, this course has been very helpful. Now I can see the difference. I talk and behave with confidence. I have the base to keep growing and building it. Thank you for your advice and techniques used in this course." -- Hector S.
- "I really enjoyed this course. It has been an enriching learning experiencing, especially with the Lesson Assignments. All of these assignments were extremely helpful and will be of use to me in the future as well. I would totally recommend this course to anyone needing help with wanting to increase their self confidence!" -- Ashley S.
- "I enjoyed the class immensely, it helped me feel more confident in myself for both my personal and work life." -- Jason M.
- "Great class, wonderful and well learned professor." -- Yvonne W.
- "The layout of the course as very helpful, and the videos are great too." -- Cynthia O.
- "I am happy with the course and I have advised my friends and students to take it." -- Yasar S.
- "This course exceeded my expectations and was a pleasure to take. Exercises increased self awareness and helped me very much. Material was very relevant." -- Joanne A.
- "Instructor was excellent." -- Gregory I.
- 54 hours 5.4 CEUs Become a Life Coach - Course Bundle $145.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Depression Management $75.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs How to Run an Effective Help Desk $80.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Workplace Drug Use - An HR Guide $75.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Procurement Management $75.00
- 15 hours 1.5 CEUs Life Coaching 101 $95.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Creating a Positive Work Environment $75.00
- 12 hours 1.2 CEUs Serial Killers 101 $90.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Behavior Management 101 $90.00
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Self Hypnosis 101: Reshaping Your Reality $75.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Solving Classroom Discipline Problems $75.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Leadership Skills for Managers $75.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Innovative Thinking $75.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Lifetime Wellness 101 $75.00
- 4 hours 0.4 CEUs Stress Management $75.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Introduction to Ethics $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Critical Thinking $80.00
- 9 hours 0.9 CEUs Product Management 101 $80.00
- 8 hours 0.8 CEUs Community Development 101 $80.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Listening Skills 101 $75.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Management Consultant 101 $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Anger Management 101 $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Team Building 101 $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Child Safety for Parents $75.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs Workplace Sexual Harassment in the #MeToo Era $75.00
- 7 hours 0.7 CEUs How to Win Arguments $80.00
- 15 hours 1.5 CEUs Customer Service 101 $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Communication with Diplomacy and Tact $75.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Leadership and Supervision 101 $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Kaizen 101 - An Introduction $75.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Persuasion Techniques $75.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Workplace Violence: A Guide to Responding and Preventing $75.00
- 6 hours 0.6 CEUs Goal Setting for Business $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Emotional Intelligence $80.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Goal Setting 101 $75.00
- 5 hours 0.5 CEUs Developing Great Social Skills $75.00